Seminars are arranged regularly by all departments. Reputed educationists and guest speakers are invited to deliver lectures and interact with the student participants.
Teachers/ Students are motivated to participate in seminars, workshops held outside the college premises also.
- A UGC sponsored National Seminar on The Indian Experience of Planning : 1938-1991 was organized by the Depts. of History and Economics in association with Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad. It was held on 21st Jan, 2012 at the College Library Hal, in the presence of eminent historians and economists. Prof. Prabhat Pattanaik (Retd. Prof., Centre for Planning, JNU), Prof. Nripen Bandhopadhyay ( Former Member State Planning Board), Prof. Arun Bandhopadhyay (Dept. of History, C.U.) and Prof. Sabyasachi Bhattacharya (Chairman, ICHR, New Delhi) graced the occasion as guest-speakers.
- A UGC sponsored seminar was held by the Dept. of Commerce (Evening) on The Role of RBI in the Changing Liberalization Scenario. Prof. Jaydip Datta coordinated the event held on 18th Feb,2012. Renowned speakers for the programme were Mr. Salim Gangadharan (Regional Director, RBI), Prof. Ratan Khasnobish (H.O.D., Dept. of Business Management, C.U.), Prof. P.K. Halder (Tripura Univ.), Dr. Rathindranath Mukhopadhyay (C.U.), Dr. Kumarjit Mondal (C.U.), Dr. Ranjanendra Narayan Nag (St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata).
- A UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar in collaboration with CEEM was held on Contemporary Environmental Issues: A Critical Appraisal, by Dept. of Commerce, Day on 23rd March 2012 under the able coordinatorship of Prof. Radhanath Pyne. The keynote address was delivered by Prof. Ajoy Kumar Roy , Vice Chancellor, BESU. Others Speakers present for the association where Prof. Sujoy Basu (Director, CEEM), Prof. Dipankar Dey (Dean, ICFAI), Prof. K. M. Agrawal (IISWBM, Kolkata), Prof. Achirangshu Acharya (V.U.), & Prof. Kanika Chatterjee (H.O.D., Commerce, C.U.)
- A UGC sponsored seven-day Workshop on Human Rights Awareness was held in August 2011; Eminent speakers and enthusiastic participants from seven depts. of the College proved the event a success. The workshop was coordinated by Prof. Mou Chattopadhyay, Dept. of English, Morning
- The Tidings – an Annual National Workshop on Print and Visual media is held every year by the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- In compliance to the Nutrition Week observed by WHO every year in the 1st week of September, the Food and Nutrition Department in the Morning shift of the College, celebrates a Nutrition Day within the stipulated week. The day is marked by display of posters and models, setting up of food stalls with cheap, nutritious items and common health check ups. At the end of the day, students winning the recipe contest and poster drawing competition are duly rewarded.