Awards/ Stipends/ Concessions
- The Late Professor Deepak K.Bose Memorial Award is awarded annually to two deserving
students in the department of political Science. The award, founded by the family of the late
teacher carries a monetary incentive to be expended on books. The award is given to the top
scorers from the Department in the final year University Examination. The award ceremony is
marked by a Memorial Lecture in honour of the Late Professor.
- Seth Anandram Jaipuria Memorial Awards for Academic Excellence are presented to the
highest scorer of each department in the final year University Exam. The presentation
ceremony is held on the Foundation Day of the College on 22nd December every year
- Professor Jaba Chatterjee Memorial Awards are presented to the three toppers of the
Department of English (Day) every year. The award ceremony is marked by a Memorial
Lecture sponsored by our college in revered memory of the late Professor.
- Professor Bani Bhushan Dasgupta Memorial Award is presented to the highest scorer in
English (Honours) every year.
- Professor Banibhushan- Amiyabhishan Memorial Awards are presented to the two most
deserving students from First and Second year English (Honours) every year.
- The Students’ Fund Scheme renders financial assistance to deserving students to meet their
tution or Examination fees or to purchase books relevant to under graduate studies. The Fund
is composed of contribution from University Grants Commission (if available), and also from
- Free Studentship and Half Free Studentship are granted every year on a merit-cum-means
basis. The College notifies the date for submission of application and the list of necessary
documents. The continuation of all stipends, aids and the like is subject to good conduct,
regular attendance and satisfactory academic performance. Students enjoying any kind of
Government Scholarship are not eligible to partake of this grant.
- Railway Concession Forms can be obtained from the college office by outstation students
and applications made in accordance with Railway guidelines.