SPORTS CRITERIA: QUOTA AND CRITERIA
ADMISSION NOTICE 2017
1. Academic Criteria –
(a) For all Honours Subjects of B.A./ B.Sc. / B. Com: 50% in aggregate (best 4) and 45% in subject or allied subjects for all three shifts
(b) For all General Courses of B.A./ B.Sc. / B. Com – 40% in aggregate (best 4) for all shifts.
(c) Other admission criteria and subject combinations will be the same as the criteria for admissions under the General Category
2. Sports Criteria –
(a) The candidate must possess, at least, a National Level Certificate (representing the State of W.B.) for all sports* except football.
(b) For football: ‘A’ Division Club Certificate (Kolkata) OR District level certificate (W.B.) is the minimum requirement.
(c) Participation Certificates during studentship at the 10+2 level will be considered (2015-16 and/or 2016-17)
(d) The Certificates must be recognized by the relevant sports authority.
(e) * Outstanding Sportspersons may apply in one of the following 17 sports-discipline categories:
- Athletics (Boys & Girls)
- Archery (Boys & Girls)
- Badminton (Boys & Girls)
- Basketball(Boys and Girls)
- Boxing (Boys & Girls)
- Chess (Boys & Girls)
- Cricket ( Boys)
- Diving (Boys & Girls)
- Football (Boys)
- Gymnastics (Boys & Girls)
- Hockey (Boys)
- Kabaddi (Boys & Girls)
- Table Tennis (Boys & Girls)
- Rowing (Boys & Girls)
- Swimming (Boys & Girls)
- Wrestling (Boys & Girls)
- Volleyball (Boys & Girls)
3. Methods of Selection:
(a) Trials will be held AND/OR the level of participation (District/Division/State/National/International) considered.
- Certificates will be verified by competent experts/authorities. FAKE/FORGED CERTIFICATES WILL INVITE IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND LEGAL ACTION.
4. Keep the following documents ready before starting the Online Application Process:
- A scanned copy of the certificate of your latest and highest level of sports-participation
- A scanned copy of your 10+2 mark sheet
- A scanned copy of your recent Passport Size colour photograph
- A scanned copy of your full signature
- A scanned copy of your/your parents’ address proof
- A scanned copy of your Caste/PWD certificate, if applicable.
- Submission of following Documents with self attestation to the Sports and Games Department of the college (offline)
- i) Photocopies of all certificates of participation/achievements during the last two years only (2015-16 and/or 2016-17)
- ii) Photocopy of Rank Certificates, where applicable.
iii) Photocopy of the Identification Card of your sports Association
- iv) Photocopy of Mark-sheet of the 10+2 level
- v) Photocopy of Admission Application Form and fee-receipt (as downloaded from the website)
- Selections under the Sports Quota category will depend solely on the discretion of the College Authority.
- The list of short listed candidate(s) will be published on the admissions website.
- Applicants under the Sports Quota category are advised to apply in as many courses/subjects as possible, provided they choose only one sports-discipline out of the mentioned 17 sports-disciplines.
- Date of submission of documents – June 12-13, 2017 (11.30 am to 4.30 pm).
- Candidates must carry ‘Passed’ Mark sheetof the 10+2 level (i.e., ‘compartmental’/’back’ candidates are not allowed).
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 level with 5 subjects including English of 100 marks.